Information for Students
College Discipline Committee
The institute has established a Discipline Committe for maintenance of discipline in the institiute. The committee will ensure that students obey rules and remain orderly and peaceful in the pursuant of educational objectives/goals in the college community.The names and contact no.s of the discipline committee members are displayed on the main entrance as well as the notice board of the institute.
The Disciplinary Committee will perform the following functions under the guidance of the Head of the Institute.
- To serve as model in terms of character training and behaviour for students.
- To make students conform to the rules and regulations of the college.
- To help students develop self-discipline.
- To frame new rules and regulations, in consultation with the HOI, necessary for the moral well-being of the students.
- To promote and encourage good behaviour among the teachers and students.
- To create an environment that is conducive for peaceful and harmonious co-existence of staff & students.
Discipline in the Institution
- Students are advised to maintain discipline and follow the rules and regulations of the Institution.
- Students should maintain neatness and cleanliness in the Institution.
- Students are not allowed at all to have Mobile Phones in the Institution.
- Students should be punctual and regular. They should keep their Identity Cards in their possession and produce when asked for
- Students should come in proper uniform.
- Students should follow the directions given by the Principal, Head of Departments/ Lecturers from time to time.
- Ragging is totally banned in the Institution.
- Students should not bring their Valuables/ Jewellery in the Institution.
- They are not allowed to leave the Institution before the last period/class.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Institution as well as its surroundings.
- Any students not following the rules and regulations of the Institution shall be expelled from the Institution.
Examination Procedure - For conducting Examination and giving Certification, the Institute has been affiliated with J&K State Board of Technical Education (JKSBOTE). The Semester Examinations are conducted twice during the year i.e. May-June and November-December Session.
Examination Fee - The Examination fee is fixed by JKSBOTE and is revised from time to time. The diploma course consists of Six Semesters.
Note : For all re-appear candidates, the fee structure will remain the same even if the candidate has to appear in one subject only.
Pattern of carry over to the next Class/ Semester
A copy of the syllabus will be provided to each student within fifteen days from the commencement of their Semester classes.
As per JKSBOTE norms, students can appear in the 1st Semester Examination provided they are on the rolls of the Institute for three and a half months and have attended at least 75% attendance. They must have passed the Internal Assessment Test / Sessional Test by securing at least 50% marks. Just appeared in the 1st Semester Examination, the students can carry on the next Semester (i.e. 2nd Semester). Similarly the students can carry on the next Semesters (3rd , 4th & 5th Semester)